Saturday 22 June 2019

Winter chilling.

Winter has set in here (last night was the Winter Solstice) and the days are chilly, which means more time inside and, hence, more crochet-time :)

Here are some of my latest projects:

A lap blanket for someone very special to me (the mum I would have chosen had I had a choice).
Made with three cakes of  yarn in Turkish Delight (Caron Cakes), Sea, Sand, Sky (Portacraft Ice Cream) and Ocean Swirl (Portacraft Ice Cream).

I used an 8mm hook and the border was done in linen stitch.




I'm currently working on a patchwork Four Seasons' blanket (which I will detail in another post) and decided to make a cushion to go with it, using four of the colours from each season's palette.
From left to right, vertically - Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring.
I hadn't chosen the Spring palette when I decided to do this, so the colours are just four colours I liked that I will incorporate into my palette when I finally do get around to making the colour choices.




The other side of the cushion, with the seasonal colours going horizontally this time - Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.
I did a border of trebles (U.K. terms) and then used four red buttons, purchased from a local op. shop, to close the cover (you can see them in the first cushion photo).




One of my "big" projects is this blanket that I call my "Buttercream blanket" (so named because I used Caron Cakes Buttercream for the main body).
6.5mm hook and the stitch is called blanket stitch (it's wonderful for blankets as it's such a lovely texture and the lack of "holes" means it's warm).




Another look at this yummy blanket, in better lighting.




Squishy and soft and so comforting.




A close up of the border:
I did the spot-on edging pattern from Lucy of Attic 24 (here)
The "spot" row (R2) was done in Portacraft Ice Cream yarn in Purple Haze (yes, it's pink, I know. Personally, I think I would have called the colour Strawberry Parfait or some such, but that's me.) 😊

This blanket was a present for my baby girl, who loves it and has since "requested" another blanket in a different cake yarn! (I'm partway through that one as I write.)




Finally, a photo of the Winter Solstice sky here in my home town.


Take care, everyone, and stay warm (or cool, if you're in the Northern hemisphere - though, going by the cricket, that's not a problem in some places!)

No comments:

Post a Comment