Saturday 11 May 2019

Seashells in dune colours

Lucy from Attic 24 blogged about her latest blanket design a few weeks ago (here) and I decided to give it a go.
I loved her colour choice but my preference was for thicker stripes so I decided to make each stripe twice as wide as the pattern suggested.
As well, I wanted to follow a more ordered, flow-on colour choice than Lucy's random pattern and, true to her lovely, thoughtful form, Lucy had anticipated this and also listed her chosen colours in a colourwash palette - which I followed.
And hereunder is my dune blanket:


If you read the Attic 24 post above you will see why it's called the seashell stripe and in dune colours (Lucy's post is worth reading, trust me 😊).






Here's a close-up of the seashell stripe pattern and the scrumptious colours (I love, love, love these colours).







The border: I used the spot-on edging from the blog post in five of the blanket colours (which I'll detail at the bottom of this post).






A photo showing the blanket folded and looking soft and squishy! I used a larger than suggested hook size as I've found this seems to make the blankets feel softer and I am all for soft blankets 💖






My "Blankie Basket" is slowly being filled.





An outside shot in the glowing Autumn sunshine.





From a distance it's easier to see the beautiful flow of colour along this blanket; it's just gorgeous!





Now, on to the material details (for anyone interested) -

I used a variety of 8 ply acrylic yarn in the following brands:
Stylecraft, 4 Seasons, Porta Craft and Panda.

Colours:
Storm Blue, Laguna, Mintox, Sage, Mocha, Camel, Fawn, Parchment, Pink, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Light Mauve, Parma Violet, Silver Grey, Duck Egg, Denim.

Border Colours:
Light Mauve, Camel, Mintox, Pink, Storm Blue.

6.5mm Boye hook used throughout (larger than suggested for these yarns but, as I said above, it seems to make the blankets softer if you go up a size or two - personal preference is the best guide).


It's a toss up as to whether this blanket, or my patchwork blanket (see here), is my current favourite blanket. Winter is on the way here so I'll get lots of opportunities to test out both!

Shalom and God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment