Friday 8 February 2019

More waffle!

The green blanket is finished!

The pattern is a waffle stitch I followed from a Bella Coco tutorial and the border is my own concoction - a mix of treble moss stitch and double crochet (U.K. terms used).

I used Caron Cakes Tea Cakes, a mixture of acrylic and wool, in the colour Green Tea. All in all, just over four cakes' worth. This yarn is beautiful, soft and heavy, perfect for a rug.

I realised not long into the blanket that I'd made it too wide for a lap rug so I decided to turn it on the side; having done that I then had to make a rather large border to compensate for it being too short the other way (excuse me if that sounds like gobbledy-gook, it worked out in the end and that's what counts!).
Improvisation is the mother of crochet success 🌝






...complete with "label" ⛯







I like this pattern so much that I also used it to make a pram blanket for a friend's grandbaby.
(I don't bother blocking blankets, hence the uneven look. They're meant to be soft and squishy and uneven, in my opinion.)






A softer label for this one.


This blanket was made by rolling together six (yes, six!) balls of 4ply baby yarn, making for the softest, squishiest baby blanket ever! This would make a wonderful underlay for a baby's pram or cot, it's soft and thick and scrumptious. My whole clan scrunched it and loved the softness!

Honestly, the hardest part of this blanket was the actual winding of the yarn but, believe me, it was worth every moment as it was so easy to work with when it came to the actual crocheting part.

I thank the Lord for creativity, it has been so much more than just a hobby recently.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.    James 1:17 (KJV)



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful & looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my unknown friend!
      Yes, it is incredibly soft, almost enveloping :)

      Delete