Sunday 24 February 2019

Musical warmth

My better half (and he truly is) and I recently celebrated our 27th Engagement Anniversary.
He gave me a bottle of my "signature" perfume and I made him a scarf (not the usual present in the middle of an Aussie Summer but there you go!)

His scarf was my way of justifying doing a crochet pattern I'd not before attempted; musical note appliqués.

My hub is very musical (as I'm writing this I'm listening to him playing his cello) and loves anything connected to music, especially if it's of the classical kind, so I wanted to personalise his scarf accordingly and, to toot my own horn a wee bit, I'm quite pleased with the results:


The scarf pattern was from this blog: https://hearthookhome.com/simple-scarf-for-men-free-crochet-pattern/ and I adapted it to U.K. terms as that's my preference.
The treble clef symbol pattern I found on a short youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=j2SeEtH0t3U (not easy to find one but I finally did).

I could not find a pattern for the bass clef symbol so I ended up making up a pattern myself.
Easy, peasy Bass Clef appliqué pattern:
Chain 45,
Dc in 2nd chain from hook and across to final five chains.
Htr in the last five chains and slip stitch to fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing on to scarf, etc.

Dots (I'm sure there is a precise name for these little symbols but I don't know what it is):
Chain 2
8dc in 2nd chain from hook (that should make a big enough dot. If you want a bigger one, do another round of dc.)
Fasten off and leave long tail for sewing on to scarf, etc.

Feel free to use the bass clef pattern but please link back to this post 😊, thank you.



My wonderful hub loved it, as did my musical progeny, although one son did ask me to make sure I placed the treble clef on the correct side if I ever made him one! (Who knew there was a "correct" side? Not me!)


Make a joyful noise unto the Lord      Psalm 100:1a (KJV)



1 comment:

  1. I love the scarf. What a great effort. No wonder your hubby was happy:)

    ReplyDelete