Thursday 24 January 2019

Trellis Stripes

I think I can confidently say that I love making crochet blankets because I've just finished the latest pattern and am already planning the next one!
My latest blanket is a design from the Attic 24 blog (found here: https://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2019/01/sweet-pea-blanket-cal-part-1.html)

Lucy has created yet another gorgeous design, which she has named the Trellis Stripe, and when I saw it I was immediately smitten.
Lucy is doing hers as a CAL (short for Crochet-ALong) and is releasing it in parts. I chose the colourwash version and began it, only to discover that this version was designed to make a blanket 6ft long - too long for what I wanted. (Note to self: read the whole pattern before starting a project!).

So, I decided to modify the colourwash pattern slightly and here is the result:


[N.B. I put my comments under my photos, not above them. I see it done both ways on other blogs and sometimes get confused. Hope this helps from the outset :)]


My colour scheme, matched as closely as possible to Lucy's colours. I used Porta Craft acrylic 8 ply yarn as we don't have Stylecraft DK in my neck of the woods. I love the Porta Craft range; it's soft, good quality and reasonably priced, plus they're an Aussie company.





The finished blanket (with my woeful photo editing!). I love the colours.




A close-up of the Trellis Stripe pattern. So beautiful looking and yet quite an easy pattern. Lucy from Attic 24 is a clever, talented lady.




Folded up and looking super-soft and squishy (with the obligatory button "label"). I find most of my buttons at op. shops.




I couldn't resist squishing it up and letting it sit in a heap.




Another squishy heap, showing the delicious colours and the cute button!




One more photo - this time showing it draped over a chair. Gorgeous colours, gorgeous pattern; a joy and a pleasure to make. Thank you, Lucy.

Now, on to the next blanket.








2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, well done. Love the colours & pattern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, U :)
      Lucy, from Attic 24, has just posted a border for this blanket; I wasn't going to bother with a border but after seeing her beautiful post I might have to do one!

      Delete